Sunday, March 30, 2014

Introductions

Actually, Just an introduction. I thought today's post would be a nice time to introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Christine.... I am a mom to three awesome kids. I also go to school part time. I currently attend a community college and I am working my way towards a bachelors in Chemistry. I am hoping to transfer in the next year. I work as an undergraduate researcher at a local university as well as a tutor and supplementary instructor in Chemistry at my community college.

I grew up in southern California. My parents separated and divorced when I was 18 months old. A long custody battle ensued, but at least they both wanted me? I went back and forth weekly as a child, until I hit middle school. Then my mother sacrificed her ability to see me to make me more happy and stable in school. I lived with my father during the week and saw my mother on weekends. Once I hit high school mom bought a house in the city I attended so that I could live with her again. For most of my childhood I was a quintessential "daddy's girl".

I met John a month after graduating high school. I was 18. In a whirlwind romance we got engaged 5 months later and married 9 months after that (no I was not pregnant). We went on to have 3 awesome kids (whom I will introduce in a long post all about them), but romantically parted ways in 2011, when I was 25. He and I have been through a lot together and I am proud to say that he is one of my closest friends. (Still drives me crazy sometimes, but then again... we are all human).

I met Richard 4 months after John and I discussed how to deal with my feelings of wanting to leave the marriage. As a rather impulsive person I fell hard for him right away. He is a very patient and calculated person, so he took time to really think about his feelings. Our relationship began as a long distance one. A year later he was living with us after completing his bachelors in Physics. Now we are 2 1/2 years later still quite happy. No whirlwind romance this time. He wants everything to be well thought out beforehand (though there has been talk of a ring in  my near future..)

The next chapter in our life is about to begin, but I am not ready to announce it just yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment