Sunday, June 22, 2014

I said YES!

The proposal wasn't entirely a surprise. I knew he had a ring, I knew what it looked like, but I did not know when and where it would happen. I found out when it would happen the day before. Mostly because he just wasn't any good at keeping his excitement in lol. 

The location was still a mystery. He isn't very good at keeping secrets and I am not great at surprises. So I asked a ton of questions. Really to no avail. I was told we would be walking on sidewalks (about like walking around in the mall), that it was within a 2 hour radius, it was not super dressy, and that we had been there before. Oh and that Ross was going to be there to take pictures of the event. 

So then once we headed south on the 15 fwy I realized we were headed to San Diego. My mind started turning... And finally I realized! Balboa Park, of course! The guys wouldn't tell me one way or the other. However I was really hoping he would propose in front of the botanical garden/conservatory there as I love it. I love it so much that I had even considered how beautiful it would be to get married there one day! 

San Diego is beautiful and it was a wonderful day. A slight breeze, not too hot, and not too many people. 



We arrived and went to the Natural History Museum, which was fun :)









Then we headed to my favorite place in the park! We walked through the conservatory. It was a beautiful moment. There was a man there playing violin for the public and so there was music in the background, not many people walking around, and Richard got down on one knee and asked me to Marry him!! Of course I said yes! 











As we were leaving there was a man doing Free caricatures so we went ahead and had one done. I love it! I am going to have it framed. 


After the proposal we went back to the Natural History Museum where we watched a 3D video on Sharks, then went to lunch to celebrate at a great local Thai Food restaurant! 


No comments:

Post a Comment