Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Caution!

It is a construction zone in this house! A year ago I got a wild idea to remodel my hall bathroom, myself. (Well with a little help from honey bunches as well). Well we hit a road block where I wanted to just get it done and he wanted it done right, so we compromised and did nothing lol

Now a year later and with the move to Texas looming before us, we need to get it done. So we have spent free time in the last two weeks trying to complete this project. I am happy to report that the tiles are grouted and sealed. The tub caulked and the walls patched. I even started painting (yay!).




Next up, Richard has to attach the tub fixtures, then we sand and finish painting. Then Richard will need to put up the new light fixture, bead board, molding around the mirror, then a little elbow grease and it will be ready to go! Its the final big item that needs to be completed before this house can officially go up on the market.

I have de-cluttered and staged the rooms of the house. I am painting over a red wall in the playroom and repainting the kitchen cabinets. I also bought new hardware for the kitchen cabinets and other small items that needed replacing. I will need to do a deep clean the day before we do pictures and obviously keep it as close to that way as possible while it is on the market.

Hopefully I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief when the home is under contract and John has secured his position in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment